Precisive® TFS™ Tunable Filter Spectroscopy
Natural Gas Quality, C1-nC6 Hydrocarbon Composition, and BTU/Wobbe Monitoring
MultiGas™ & Precisive® TFS™ Optical Gas Analyzers Featured in Ceramics Industry Magazine!
Precisive® TFS™ Tunable Filter Spectroscopy Featured in Gas Processing News!
The MKS Precisive® product platform of innovative optical analyzers based on Tunable Filter Spectroscopy (TFS™) provides real-time gas analysis in the natural gas and hydrocarbon processing industries, including refineries, hydrocarbon processing plants, gas-to-power machines, biogas processes and fuel gas transportation and metering, while delivering customers a substantially lower total cost of ownership. Precisive® TFS™ can be utilized from UV (Ultra-Violet) through IR (Infra-Red) spectral regions. The Precisive® TFS™ sensor platform has been on the market since 2008 with more than 2500 systems deployed.
Precisive® optical sensors are the first widely deployed hydrocarbon composition monitors to feature real-time unattended analytics with hydrocarbon speciation capability equivalent to traditional Gas Chromatography (GC) instruments yet, with much lower cost of ownership.
Now a part of MKS Instruments, the Precisive® TFS™ sensor platform will be further developed for trace/ppm through bulk/% applications where a multi-component, low-maintenance, stable analytical sensor-transmitter is required that is well positioned between traditional NDIR (Non-Dispersive Infrared) and laboratory-grade FTIR (Fourier Transform Infrared).
Features & Benefits:
- GC-like analysis in seconds
Real-time, continuous measurement
Fast response engine and turbine control
- No carrier gas or fuel gas requirements
Low operational costs & infrastructure requirements
Suitable for small-scale plants and terminals
Ideal for remote installations
- Robust calibration
Reduced maintenance and operational costs
- Flow-through sensor design
Minimized potential sampling and phase change issues
- Compact, outdoor rated, low power
Well suited for transportable spot check applications
NEMA4X, IP66, can be engine or manifold mounted
Engineered to withstand vibration and shock
- Custody Transfer and Fiscal Metering
- Fuel analysis for engine control and tuning (gas turbines, internal combustion engines, fuel cell power plants, etc.)
- Calorific value measurement for fiscal metering of pipeline gases
- Wobbe Index meter for combustion control applications
- Check metering, blend monitoring, fast-response BTU monitoring
- Biomethane monitoring
- Grid injection control
- Fast-response alternative to traditional calorimeter and/or gas chromatograph type instruments
- Methane Number Calculation
- Peak shaving
What are your analytical needs?
Download this questionaire and return it to MKS Precisive for a complete application assessment.