MKS Instruments, Inc. is the parent company of Newport Corporation®, Spectra-Physics® and Ophir®, leaders in photonics, optics, lasers and motion/vibration control. MKS is a worldwide leader in technology solutions for thin film, process and industrial manufacturing, environmental monitoring, defense and security, life sciences and research.
The Sr. Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for technical support of Newport products for APAC customers and distributors, aiming at maximizing the business development in the region.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to APAC direct customers and distributors in sales process in terms of product selection and solution proposal
- Provide application support of the products, and service support in customer training and troubleshooting if needed
- Conduct presentations of products and applications and enhance brand awareness
- Explore new applications of product, based on market request
- Organize resource for application verification and testing
- Coordinate among business units, local sales office, customers and technical team for technical related issues
Knowledge, Skills & Education:
- Solid knowledge and background in Optics, Optoelectronics and Photonics
- Experienced in scientific optical instrumentation, optical spectroscopy and laser application required
- Demonstrated expertise in one of following fields: Laser, Laser Processing, Spectroscopy, Microscopy, Optical Imaging, Nonlinear Optics
- Master's degree or above in Physics, Optics, Optical Engineering or Material Science.
- Minimum years of practical experience:
Master: >5 years related working experience
PhD: >2 years related working experience
- Quick learning skills to adapt to new industries, new environment and continuously improve product & industry knowledge
- Fluent in English. Must be able to clearly and logically speak and write in English
- Be able to work independently to handle technical inquiries
- Able to work within a team environment
- Willing to travel frequently
- Open for change and challenge
To apply for this position, contact Fairy Fan email@example.com, telephone: +86 510.8113.2948