Software Programmable Interlocks
an Intelligent Automation Solution for Safety I/O
Achieve time-to-market goals while saving interlock project costs.
In addition to traditional hardware interlock boards, MKS Instruments also provides a software programmable interlock board. Rated to Semi S2 SIL3 safety standards, this board can be used in environments that require the highest level of human safety functionality.
Time-to-market and cost savings are the key benefits of using our Software Programmable Interlock board.
- For R&D, each hardware interlock board re-spin can cost thousands of dollars and delay projects for weeks. MKS' Software Programmable Interlocks allows an unlimited number of logic changes without any delays or redesign costs.
- In the field, changes can be made without downtime, with the proper user authentication.
In both cases, for a typical project, this can save tens of thousands of dollars, and reduce time-to-market by weeks or even months.
Logic implementation is done via one of two methods in secure program mode only:
- A truth table via the product website:
- Logic diagrams built in MS-Visio uploaded uploaded as a CSV file.
- Certified to meet SIL-3. reference: IEC61508 (SIRA FSP 08005).
- Based on single board ECM (Ethernet Control Module) form factor.
- Reports Status of Inputs and Outputs to the main controller through the main communication bus.
- Self Diagnostic.
- Programmable de-bounce on inputs (10µsecs to 1msec range).
- 48 digital inputs (24V or current sense), 16 virtual inputs, & one input for Watchdog.
- Supports 32 Interlock functions.
- 24V, 3.3V Power in protection against: Over Voltage (OV), Under Voltage (UV), Over Current (OC).
MKS' Software Programmable Interlock board is currently available in the ECM and ECM2 Ethernet Control Modules.