MKS Instruments, Inc. is a respected, global leader in the design, development and production of high technology solutions for advanced manufacturing processes. Our end markets include semiconductor chips, flat panel displays, pharmaceuticals, medical imaging, solar cells, printing, food and beverage, engine development and emissions testing, and a host of other applications.
Reporting to the Manager of Plasma Applications at MKS ASTeX® Products division, this technologist will be a key interface in providing solutions to address customer technical issues and needs. Focus of this position will concentrate on advanced and emerging applications of ASTeX's reactive gas source products.
- Office will be located at MKS Korea, main facility
- Work closely with customers to resolve product application issues and escalations as needed.
- Act as a technical consultant and advise customers on MKS ASTeX product BKMs
- Interact cross-functionally with local Sales & Support team, factory engineering and product management to ensure alignment with customer's needs.
- Obtain first-hand knowledge of customer process tools and applications
- Provide complex technical support for the development and implementation of customer applications to ensure product and process performance and reliability.
- Assess changes required to upgrade products (as customer process requirements change) and provide continued support as required.
- Perform training function for employees and customers as required on MKS products.
- Provide hands-on support for joint development activities with customer product development personnel.
- Identify unmet market needs and provide prompt feedback to the Product Groups for potential new opportunities and products.
- Travel to factory as required to participate in product/process development activities and/or hands-on training.
- Attend professional conferences domestically and internationally
- B.S. degree with 5 or more years of experience in the area of semiconductor manufacturing process or equipment engineering.
- Strong semiconductor plasma, RF, power supply and vacuum technology experience.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex equipment containing mechanical, electrical, and software components and communicate identified problems
- Ability to collect/organize/ and effectively use data pertinent to the analysis of field issues.
- Must be proficient in using basic laboratory tools, such as data acquisition system, oscilloscope, etc.
- Understanding fundamental analog and digital circuits.
- Familiar with typical statistical tools used in process development.
- Proficient in using productivity enhancing tools, such as laptop and all Office software.
- Must have solid communication skills in both Korean and English.
- Calm under time pressure
- MS strongly preferred; Ph.D. in engineering or physical science is desirable.
- 300 mm semiconductor fab experience sustaining or developing PVD, CVD and/or ALD processes/equipment
- Fundamental understanding of sub-22 nm device construction and associated manufacturing process flows
- Proven track record of effective customer interactions in semiconductor manufacturing.
- Experience using DOE, SPC & MVA software products for experimental design and data analysis/ visualization
- Experience using FEA and/or other multi-physics modeling software
- Familiarity with analytic methods and semiconductor wafer-level metrology
- Ability to provide market intelligence related to the new emerging technology and competitive activities.
Reply to Lisa_Kim@mksinst.com