Responsible for ensuring the day to day requirements of MKS product service (repair and calibration) are met. This is to be achieved whilst maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction in terms of product quality and on time delivery. Principal areas of accountability within this role will include:
- Troubleshooting, inspection, repair, adjustment and calibration of MKS Instruments equipment based on current calibration procedures and technical documentation.
- Ensuring products are repaired and tested in a timely manner, to meet performance targets.
- Preparing quotations from fixed price repair schedule for presentation to customers
- Managing spare part levels.
- Maintaining work area, test equipment and tools in line with 6S workstation requirements.
- Setting up and final test of software, hardware and computers.
- Maintain records, update service database, prepare customer documentation.
- Completing final test reports and shipping documentation.
- Willingness to occasionally travel for onsite support.
Key Skills Required:
- Minimum requirement of HNC in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, and / or equivalent science related qualification.
- Excellent interpersonal / communication skills. Required to liaise with customers, other subsidiaries, co-workers and vendors.
- To be able to work autonomously or as part of a team.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise jobs with changing customer demands.
- Computer literate - An understanding of computer hardware, networking and software including Microsoft Office - Word and Excel.
- Fault finding / diagnostic skills down to component level.
- Previous vacuum engineering experience is advantageous, although not essential.
- The ability to read technical drawings / electronic schematics.
Our overall package includes:
- 39 Hours Standard Working Week
- 25 days holiday plus 8 stat (pro rota)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance 4 X Annual Salary
- Stock and Shares Purchase Scheme
Apply in writing (including CV) via email to Karen.Turner@mksinst.com