Mechanical Design and Production Engineer - (Crewe, United Kingdom)
The position of Design/Production Mechanical Engineer reports to the Engineering Manager of MKS Instruments, Mass Spectrometry Solutions and is responsible for the development and maintenance of a range of high performance mechanical hardware. As such the position will primarily require the candidate to perform design and analysis of mechanical systems, equipment and packaging. This is a key position which will enable the business unit to develop innovative, powerful and flexible products to market which in turn support the corporation's mission of profitable and sustainable growth.
This role will require you to play a major part in the design, development and continuous improvement of the company's market leading products from specification through to entire product lifecycle. As such you will be required to work effectively within a dynamic, multi-discipline engineering team on various development activities including but not limited to:
- Take part in feasibility studies, scoping of projects and cost estimation.
- Contribute to project proposals and product architect definitions.
- Specify, design, implement and validate mechanical design solutions.
- Assist in the investigation, selection and evaluation of new components and techniques.
- Trouble shooting of manufacturing issues.
- Special engineering design and quotations.
- Management of the engineering change system
- To be the main point of contact on all mechanical technical issues discovered during manufacturing and feedback improvements to the core engineering team.
- Identify, analyse and drive continuous improvement activities with both New Product Design and Manufacturing teams.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering discipline with a minimum of 3 years' experience or equivalent.
- Proven experience of working in design/development projects.
- Ability to multi-task, work alone and work under pressure along with strong communication skills (verbal, written)
- Experience of moving project through development stage gates including working closely with Production/Service team members for new product introduction.
- Good mechanical design skills with experience of the following:
Experience of UHV and vacuum components.
Working with BOM & engineering changes within an MRP system
DFMEA, DFx (Desirable)
Experience 2D & 3D CAD (AutoCad Inventor Desirable).
Sheet metal design experience (Desirable)
- Complete understanding of the engineering change process and adhering to ISO 9001 quality practices.
- Familiarity with system design and complying with CE.
- Some international travel may be required.
- Vacuum technology - gauges, pumps, accessories, materials. (Desirable)
- Instrumentation - system test and development. (Desirable)
To apply please forward a CV to email@example.com.
For more information, click here to contact MKS Instruments.