Senior Production Planner - (Telford, United Kingdom)
MKS Custom Vacuum Solution (CVS) manufacture components and electromechanical assemblies that are used in a range of industrial and analytical equipment. These include instruments used for the manufacture of silicon chips for the electronic industry though to mass spectrometers that are used for pharmaceutical development and food safety.
We now have an opening within the existing team for a Senior Production Planner. This role requires a good understanding of manufacturing processes for precision electro-mechanical components and assemblies and an ability to communicate effectively with customers, the purchasing team, subcontractors and the in-house manufacturing team. In addition they will have a solid understanding of the principles of material planning. The successful candidate will have a keen attention to detail combined with an ability to consistently work to a high standard. In addition they will have a strong desire to drive improvement in a team environment. Familiarity with vacuum technology is desired (though not essential), perhaps gained through a similar role in the sub-contract manufacturing, aerospace or analytical instrument sectors.
- Inventory Planning.
- Work loading & scheduling, based on customer requirements, material availability and capacity.
- Chair weekly production meetings.
- Update customers on expected delivery dates.
- Review NCR reports to mitigate impact on On Time In Full (OTIF) delivery.
- Monitor OTIF delivery performance.
- Provide updates to management.
- Arrange / Coordinate transport of product (e.g. couriers)
- Creation / control of internal documents MS Office tools.
- Oracle experience preferred though not essential.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing their own time and prioritising workload to ensure timely throughput - at times this may require a flexible approach to meet the requirements of the business. Training will be given however candidates are expected to be computer literate, have a thorough understanding of MRP processes and possess excellent interpersonal skills. They must also be prepared to contribute to their own learning and development within the role.
Candidates should have knowledge/experience of the following:
- Manufacturing processes: machining, welding, electro-mechanical assembly & test.
- Purchasing functions (ordering & expediting)
- MRP or ERP computer management systems.
- Working to ISO9001 quality systems.
Our overall package includes:
- 40 hours standard working week 8am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 2pm finish on Friday.
- Life Insurance 4 x Annual Salary.
- 25 Days holiday + 8 Stats.
- Stock and Shares Purchase scheme.
- Pension scheme.
Apply in writing (including CV) to Robin Fox or William Stewart at:
Custom Vacuum Solutions
MKS Instruments UK Ltd
Stafford Park 7
Telford, TF3 3BQ
For more information, click here to contact MKS Instruments.