CNC Lathe Machinist - (Telford, United Kingdom)
CVS Currently have 1 x Open Full Time Position (permanent, nights)
MKS Custom Vacuum Solution (CVS) manufacture components and assemblies that are used in a range of industrial and analytical equipment. These include instruments used for the manufacture of silicon chips for the electronic industry though to mass spectrometers that are used for pharmaceutical development and food safety.
Our CNC Team consists of Millers and Machinists operating equipment from a range of manufacturers. We now have an opening within our existing team for a CNC Lathe Machinist (Turner). This role requires a keen attention to detail combined with an ability to consistently work to a high standard, achieve production output targets and demonstrable an ability to drive improvement.
Responsible to: CNC Supervisor
- Responsible for the setting and machining of components for use in assemblies built on site and also for delivery direct to the customer.
- Must be capable of inspecting finished components using a variety of inspection equipment and be able to identify solutions to ensure good quality product. Training will be given on CMM systems.
- Be able to program simple components using Heidenhain and make appropriate modifications to programs generated with the CAD/CAM system.
- Able to recommend and select the correct tooling to achieve the most efficient machining method.
- Responsible for housekeeping of the machine and area of work and to ensure that all necessary preventative maintenance is carried out.
- Responsible for the administration in relation to internal and customer documentation and to ensure that this conforms to the required specification.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with clients and other agents with whom the company has contact with.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with other members of the team to enable the sharing of information and clarity of understanding.
- Responsible for managing own time in the most time efficient way and prioritising workload to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Work within MKS guidelines and policies to provide a consistent and professional approach.
- Perform ad hoc tasks in relation to job role as considered appropriate.
- Prepared to contribute to own learning and development of the role.
Our overall package includes:
- 39 hours standard working week; Night-Shift attracts a 25% increase to base salary.
- Hours of work 21:30 - 08:15 Monday - Thursday.
- All overtime at 1.5 x base rate
- Life Insurance 4 x Annual Salary
- Sick Pay after 12 months continuous employment, 12 weeks payable within any 12 month period
- Attendance Bonus, currently £540 / year paid in December, rules apply
- 27 Days holiday per year (inclusive of 8 Statutory)
- Stock and Shares Purchase scheme
Apply in writing (including CV) to Matt Ensor or William Stewart at:
Custom Vacuum Solutions
MKS Instruments UK Ltd
Stafford Park 7
Telford, TF3 3BQ
For more information, click here to contact MKS Instruments.