Cleaning Technician - (Telford, United Kingdom)
MKS Custom Vacuum Solution (CVS) manufacture components and assemblies that are used in a range of industrial and analytical equipment. These include instruments used for the manufacture of silicon chips for the electronic industry though to mass spectrometers that are used for pharmaceutical development and food safety.
Cleanliness of the components within this type of equipment is critical to their functionality and we now have an opening within our existing team for a Cleaning Technician. This role requires a keen attention to detail combined with an ability to consistently work to a high standard and a desire to drive improvement in a team environment. Team Leader/Supervisory experience is desired though not required.
Responsible to: Fitting & Cleaning Supervisor
- Responsible for managing, planning and prioritising daily, weekly and monthly tasks.
- Responsible for the cleaning of complex mechanical components to customer specifications using, but not limited to, a combination of aqueous, acid, solvent and other non-aqueous cleaning systems.
- Responsible for the visual inspection of cleaned products to ensure work has been carried out to set standards and customer specifications.
- Continuously improve work methods (including within the team and with other functions both within and outside the organisation), processes and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness. This may include training and mentoring of existing and new employees.
- Responsible for the administration of internal and external (customer) documentation in order to ensure that finished product conforms to the required specification. This includes scheduled maintenance of plant and associated equipment.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with colleagues and customers in order to ensure that information is shared effectively and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for managing own time and prioritising workload to maximize the effectivity and throughput.
- Work within MKS and relevant regulatory (including Health & Safety and Quality) guidelines and policies.
- Perform other duties in relation to job role as considered appropriate by management.
- Full training will be given however the successful candidate must be prepared to contribute to own learning and development within the role.
Our overall package includes:
- 39 hours standard working week
- Flexible start 7.30 - 8.00am, flexible finish 4.30-5.30pm, 1pm finish on Friday.
- All overtime at 1.5 x base rate
- Life Insurance 4 x Annual Salary
- Sick Pay after 12 months continuous employment, 12 weeks payable within any 12 month period
- Attendance Bonus, currently £540/year paid in December, rules apply
- 25 Days holiday + 8 Stats
- Stock and Shares Purchase scheme
To apply for this position send your CV to:
Custom Vacuum Solutions
MKS Instruments UK Ltd
Stafford Park 7
Telford, TF3 3BQ
For more information, click here to contact MKS Instruments.