CNC Machinist (Vertical): x 2 Open Positions - (Telford, United Kingdom)
MKS Custom Vacuum Solutions has 2 openings for CNC Machinist (Vertical), responsible to the Machine Shop Supervisor.
- Responsible for the setting and machining of components for use in assemblies built on site and also for delivery direct to the customer.
- Must be capable of inspecting finished components using a variety of inspection equipment and be able to identify solutions to ensure good quality product. Training will be given on CMM systems.
- Be able to program simple components using Heidenhain and make appropriate modifications to programs generated with the CAD/CAM system.
- Able to recommend and select the correct tooling to achieve the most efficient machining method.
- Responsible for housekeeping of the machine and area of work and to ensure that all necessary preventative maintenance is carried out.
- Responsible for the administration in relation to internal and customer documentation and to ensure that this conforms to the required specification.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with clients and other agents with whom the company has contact with.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with other members of the team to enable the sharing of information and clarity of understanding.
- Responsible for managing own time in the most time efficient way and prioritising workload to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Work within MKS guidelines and policies to provide a consistent and professional approach.
- Perform ad hoc tasks in relation to job role as considered appropriate.
- Prepared to contribute to own learning and development of the role.
Previous Experience/Key Attributes
- Background in precision engineering environment, CNC, VMC or 5 Axis machining, tool setting, inspection.
- Experience in Heidenhain control systems (though others such as Fanuc, Mazatrol will be considered as long as candidate has a good basic knowledge of how programs work).
- Contributor to continuous improvement.
- Formal Apprenticeship or equivalent experience; City & Guilds, NVQs.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Familiarity with and experience of working within an ISO9001 environment; an ability to competently use basic measuring equipment (vernier, micrometer).
- Enthusiastic, willing to learn, self-motivated and can work unsupervised.
To apply for this position send your CV to:
Custom Vacuum Solutions
MKS Instruments UK Ltd
Stafford Park 7
Telford, TF3 3BQ
For more information, click here to contact MKS Instruments.