DeviceNet has all the ingredients for success; available silicon, a
strong, early sponsor (Allen-Bradley) to get it through development stage,
network management software, and a strong vendors group (ODVA) to refine,
promote and evolve the product.
Increase design flexibility
- Provides unlimited I/O ports by providing the ability to cascade networks
- Offers instrument interoperatability and Plug & Play capabilities
Improved process data management
- Affords Peer-to-Peer or Master/Slave management
- Increased throughput and repeatability as a result of faster response to process dimensions
-Contains imbedded diagnostics, in situ calibration and proactive event and alarm notification
-In situ diagnostic can extend preventive maintenance intervals
- Reduced installation costs
- Simplified wiring translates to fewer potential fault points, less required documentation and reduces labor and space cost for wiring
DeviceNet-Based Network Schematic
information on parts of this DeviceNet-based network, click on instruments
*Note: Default MAC ID shipped from factory, 6,3.
MKS Instruments, Inc.
Dearborn Group Technology
Allen-Bradley Company, Inc.
Ask the MKS Experts
If you have a DeviceNet-related question, you can send and e-mail directly to our experts at MKS.
Send questions to MKS Applications Engineering. Please include your name, company, address, phone, fax as well as your current application along with your question. Please allow 24 hours for a response.
Contact MKS Instruments.