Senior Electronics Engineer - (Crewe, United Kingdom)
The position of Senior Electronics Engineer reports to the Engineering Manager of MKS Instruments, Mass Spectrometry Solutions and is responsible for the development and maintenance of a range of high performance electro-mechanical hardware. As such the position will primarily require the candidate to perform digital electronic board level design as well as contribute to system level design and test activities with an opportunity to develop analogue electronic skills. This is a key position which will enable the business unit to develop innovative, powerful and flexible products to market which in turn support the corporation's mission of profitable and sustainable growth.
This role will require you to play a major part in the design, development and continuous improvement of the company's market leading products from specification through to entire product lifecycle. As such you will be required to work effectively within a dynamic, multi-discipline engineering team on various development activities including but not limited to:
- Take part in feasibility studies, scoping of projects and cost estimation.
- Contribute to project proposals and product architect definitions.
- Specify, design, implement and validate hardware solutions.
- Assist in the investigation, selection and evaluation of new components and techniques.
- Trouble shooting of systems and/or manufacturing issues.
- Designs and sets up test benches.
- Performs extensive and careful experiments.
- Collects and analyzes data and implements proposed improvements.
- Responsible for analyzing and solving complex interdisciplinary systems issues.
- Defines processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters. Identifies, analyzes and resolves system design weaknesses.
- Able to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- A degree in Electronic Engineering discipline with a minimum of 3 years' experience.
- Proven experience of working in design/development projects.
- Ability to multi-task, work alone and work under pressure along with strong communication skills (verbal, written,).
- Good electronic skills are essential, experience in any of the following an advantage.
- PIC microprocessors circuit design including embedded code.
- Experience of design with ADC's and DAC's.
- General power supply design.
- Cost engineering.
- Preparation of detailed design specifications.
- Knowledge of communication interfaces e.g. RS232, RS485, Ethernet, USB, I2C.
- Design and layout of multilayer PCBs.
- Experience of Mentor Graphics PADS and Easy PC an advantage.
- Complete understanding of the engineering change process and adhering to ISO 9001 quality practices.
- Familiarity with system design and complying with CE.
- Familiarity with electronic test & measurement equipment and techniques.
- Hands-on electronic skills, including soldering/de-soldering component level fault finding on densely populated SMT boards.
- Some international travel may be required.
- Vacuum technology - gauges, pumps, accessories, materials. (Desirable)
- Instrumentation - system test and development. (Desirable)
Please apply via email with a covering letter and CV to Robin Fox, UK HR Country Manager to email@example.com
For more information, click here to contact MKS Instruments.